2245 Texas Drive, Suite 300

Sugar Land, Texas  77479

We are conveniently located in Sugar Land Town Square at Hwy 59 and Hwy 6 to serve our Fort Bend neighbors in Sugar Land, Missouri City, Richmond, and Rosenberg as well as residents of the greater Houston area.

    © 2018 by Matthews & Jaasma, L.L.P. 

    Created with Wix.com

    Request a Free Consultation

    Practice Areas

    What We Do

    We are proud to help individuals who have been injured or harmed through no fault of their own. If you were injured or need a will, trust or probate of an estate, you are encouraged to contact Matthews & Jaasma, L.L.P. as soon as possible. We will consult with you about your rights and options to help you get the compensation or results that you deserve.

    Personal Injury

    Injuries can happen in many kinds of ways.  Whether our client was seriously burned, injured by an elevator or suffered injuries from a car, 18 wheeler, or truck wreck, we work diligently for each case to seek the maximum compensation.  We know that a serious injury or the loss of a loved one is a traumatic and life-changing event. We also know that in addition to the physical pain they feel, our clients suffer emotionally and financially as well.  We take each client's case very personally, and we pride ourselves in being compassionate with our clients yet tough with defendants and insurance companies.  


    We have experience handling cases involving workplace injuries, elevator malfunctions, auto collisions, slip and falls, and more.  We offer free consultations and contingency fee arrangements so that you pay nothing unless and until you are compensated.  Contact us today.

    Wills, Trusts, and Associated Documents
    Probate of an Estate

    Why is a will necessary? Do you have children? Are you in a second or third marriage? Do you get along with all of your family (and your spouse's)? These are all important reasons to make sure your final wishes are known and followed. While the natural parent of the child would normally have custody in the event of your death, what happens if you both die? Or, what if there is a valid reason the natural parent should not have custody? Who would you like to make the decision regarding your child’s guardian? A judge or a jury? Or you and your spouse? A will lets the court know who you would like to raise your children. If you do not name your child’s guardian in a will, the State will decide, and you might not agree with its decision. In addition, if you are in a second marriage, the person who is raising your child might not end up with custody.  Also, your property would pass by the current state law, and depending on whether it is separate or community property, different parties inherit. Further, the distribution of the separate property depends on whether or not it is personal or real estate.  


    Most wills and trusts can be completed on a flat-fee basis and include the following associated documents:  Will and Trust Document, Directive to Physicians (Living Will), Declaration of Guardian, Appointment of Agent to Control Disposition of Remains, Medical Power of Attorney, Statutory Durable Power of Attorney, Mental Health Declaration, Donation of Organs, and HIPPA form.  


    Flat Fees for Simple Will and Trust


    Mirror Wills and Trusts for Spouses and Associated Documents:     $800.00

    Single Will and Trust with Associated Documents:                             $450.00


    In addition to preparing you for death, we offer our services to help navigate the tricky world of probate.   Whether your loved one died with a will or without, we can help by preparing Applications to Probate Wills and Applications to Determine Heirship.  Contact us today with any questions you might have regarding estates.